Manual for climate budgets as a governance tool
2.3 Prepare a climate budget
Draw up the climate budget chapter of the municipal budget. This may include:
• A presentation of the municipality’s climate targets.
• Historical emissions. The Norwegian Environment Agency’s GHG inventory for the municipality.
• A situation description. Which measures have already been started, and estimated emissions reductions for existing climate measures.
• A baseline. How would the emissions develop if no new measures were introduced?
• A measure trajectory. Estimated annual emissions reductions for the budget year and the entire action & economic plan (A&EP) period. This makes it possible to assess the effect of measures against the municipalities’ climate targets.
• Tables of measures. Tables showing existing and proposed climate measures and estimated emissions-reducing effect.
• Description of financing and responsibility for implementing climate measures.